PV Online Report : In the first 20 days of this September, 222 dengue patients have been identified in Chittagong. Which is the highest in this year.

78 percent of the total patients affected in this month are from Chittagong city and the remaining 22 percent patients are residents of various upazila areas. Although the number of dengue cases has increased, there is still nothing to worry about, say health officials.

But they are emphasizing on awareness. According to the Civil Surgeon’s office, only 5 people were infected with dengue in January this year. One person was infected in February but no patients were found in March, April and May. However, the number of infected people started increasing again from June. 17 people were affected this month. In addition, dengue cases increased to 50 in July, 76 in August and 222 in September.

Edited By-SPT